Saturday, July 13, 2013

Beginning



    Should I run? was my first thought upon arriving at Denver International. There had been a storm system over the airport which delayed our landing. I already had a short layover, and this only made matters worse. As more time elapsed during the taxiing process, the answer to my question was yes
      I was anxious to get on my connection flight to New Delhi. I had been anticipating the sensory overload of exiting Indira Gandhi International, and having to wait one more day was simply too much. So, I ran through the airport. And yes, I made the flight; literally, the last one on board. I'm sure you can picture it. You know, that obnoxious person who is short of wind and eagerly scanning the plane for their seat? Yes, that was me. All the same, I was en route to New Delhi. 
      Heaving my excessive luggage through the airport in New Delhi was tiring, yet my excitement of arriving was greater. There I stood, in a slightly familiar place, with the next five months packed in my bags. Did I forget something? was a recurring thought of mine. If so, it was too late now. I was stepping foot into India, my home for the next five months. And so, this journey begins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment